This is a reply I made in the blog aha!Chinese blog regarding four must-see places in China for the kids. They have nice pictures and also useful tips.
Updated screen shot of my Google Reader page.
Here is a blog I am following from Aha!Chinese
I have never used Google reader before, thus I was quite nervous when I
started to use it. At first I found it very confusing and hard to manage, but I
always told myself to give it another try. Eventually, after some devoted work
on it, I got the hang of it. I felt that it is not as difficult as before. I
could add subscriptions easily and enjoyed checking on it every other day. I
think it is a really cool tool to receive information easily and timely. I will
need to spend a lot more time to accumulate the information from the Internet
than I do from an RSS feeder. I feel very happy now that I could use it for my
teaching, for my personal interest and also for global news. When I check on
the subscriptions, I noticed a significant difference between different ones.
Some of them would update daily and have every cutting edge technologies and
teaching practices, some of them update like once or twice a week. I think that
each of them has good things to learn, and different feeder provides distinct
points of view. Now I have learned about what kind of feeds can cater to my
teaching needs better and how to make some selections.
I do have
learned a lot about Chinese teaching songs and games. In Laowai Chinese, I have
learned new ways of singing a Do Re Mi song in Chinese, and also Happy New
Year, Jingle Bells and so on. I also learned some research result on second
language acquisition. I was surprised to know that the best time to start a
second language is 0-6 months old. I was also informed that a bilingual child
would be more likely to be more creative, flexible and open to new ideas.
As for how I would
apply RSS readers in my career, I think that I would get more good quality
teaching resource to apply in class: songs, games and activities. I could also
get updated on the current big events about Chinese teaching in US. I will
definitely apply the things I learn from Google reader to my teaching. I may
also teach my older kids how to use Google Reader and recommend them some good
RSS feeds that are related to our content and learning. Sounds very exciting!



No comments:
Post a Comment