Monday, October 17, 2011

Getting Things Done


The “getting things done” process looks easy, but when I did it, it was not as easy as I imagined. I used paper and pencil to write down all the things that only took me like ten minutes. After collect, I went on to process and organize and this was real slow. I have never done things in this way, what I did was to list all the things I need to get done, and then pick the easiest first. Now I need to consider time, energy and priority, I felt very overwhelmed. It took around two hours so that I finally got this done.
I think this process can be helpful if I have a TON of things to do. But in real life, we are not that busy, so this is like using cannon to shot a fly for me. I feel that it is a big waste of time thinking about what to do first and then how much time it takes. I think what I need is just all the things I need to do, and then make a order of action sequence and then go do it.
I do not think that I will use this later. Like I mentioned above, I felt overwhelmed and have wasted a lot of energy just to make category and deciding on which one to do first. For me, what I would do is to write down all I need to do, mark all the things I can do now and then go ahead and do them. Other things, I will mark on when is a good time to start working on, and then do them when it is time.

No comments:

Post a Comment